Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Something that you pass everyday Studio Project

This year I started doing Something that you pass everyday Studio Project. This encourages students to become more aware of inspiration that they might find all around them. The goal of the project is to find something that they pass everyday that they can use as inspiration for a drawing.

Once the drawing is complete, they colour it traditionally (with watercolour paint, pastels, pencil crayons or markers- depending on the available supplies), or digitally (Photoshop or another image program- depending on available resources).

Here is an example the I recently completed of a window that I pass by everyday. Most days, I walk by it without noticing it, but one day, it caught my eye and I saw how beautiful it was and took a quick picture for future reference. I did a drawing from the photo and the coloured it in Photoshop.


No comments:

Post a Comment